Student Council Minutes – 9/19/17
Hey Everyone, I hope you are enjoying the first few weeks of the school year. We have been working all summer, and we’re eager to share what we’ve been up to. Everyone on the Student Council is working really hard, but some decisions are with legal, and therefore out of our hands. In any case, the above is what we are working on currently and as well as what we have accomplished over the summer. I hope you’re all having a great year so far!
Ethan L. on behalf of Student Council
I hope you’re all having a great year so far!- Ethan L.
- We have created a system for posters so that everything makes more sense this year and old posters don’t stay up months after they are needed (Thanks to Celia M.!) Expect more details at an all-school meeting near you.
- We established Monday meetings and have a general plan for all of them.
- We will be celebrating Latinx Heritage this month thanks to Sol M.!
- Clubs have rooms! Ethan K. has finished getting through most beginning of the year club stuff and set up a Slack for the club leaders to communicate.
- Gitika P., Ethan, and Arun J. have been working on standards-based grading with teachers to make grading easier to understand and more transparent.
- We are still working on budgeting. I am hoping we finish this soon!
NEW CATEGORY OF THE WEEK: Working with Legal
- Finalizing House guidelines
- Off campus privileges
- The new handbook, as edited by students over the summer
Written by ETHAN L.